This year's arts reps are Tara and Uma, and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arts team are here to connect MedSoc in a fun and creative environment! We aim to provide all kinds of outlets for medic related boredom/stress/disillusionment/excess creative energy. Feel free to get in touch if you want to organise groups for activities you're passionate about!
What we do:
- help you set up arts related groups and get access to arts funding
- arts and crafts sessions
- medicine-in-art exhibitions in the MSTC
- organise art and art supplies in the MSTC
- starting a MedSoc band/orchestra if interest is shown (perhaps even a gastric band)
- run a life drawing event
- organise the annual pre-clinical pantomime/play (will be lit, be there or be)
- coordinate with the welfare reps
- MedSoc arts emails (please read them or you won’t know about all the sick (haha medicine geddit) things we’re organising)
- banish the overly competitive, stifling aspects of Oxford medicine and replace it with creative community spirit
Here’s some inspiration to get you started: